Marketing Scholars Trip Deadline to Apply
April 28, 2017
12:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
12:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
A group of undergraduate students will have the opportunity to go on an all expenses-paid three-day trip to New York City as part of the Marketing Scholars (Tuesday, September 26th – Thursday, September 28th). The purpose of the trip, in its eighth year, is to expose students to various areas within the field of marketing. Over the course of the trip, students will meet with leading marketing companies and explore internship and employment opportunities with their top executives.
Participating companies are still being finalized, but will include top firms in marketing, advertising, consumer packaged goods and media. As a participating student, you will gain exposure to the work companies like PepsiCo, Nielsen, Citi, Horizon Media and more are doing, and initiate professional relationships that can potentially lead to a summer internship or full time employment.
All expenses are covered for selected students, including roundtrip airfare and lodging. You will be excused from your regular classes for the days of the trip. This is a wonderful opportunity to gain exposure to various aspects of marketing in different industries. We strongly encourage students to apply.
Who can apply: Undergraduate marketing of IFM majors who will be sophomores or juniors in the 2017-2018 academic year and who have an overall GPA of 3.2 or higher.
How to apply:
STEP 1 Due April 28, 2017 by 5 p.m.
- Cover letter describing your interest in a career in marketing, what specific area(s) of marketing you are most interested in and what you hope to accomplish by participating in the Marketing Scholars trip.
- Unofficial copy of your University of Miami Transcript.
- Your résumé, including:
- Name, address, email and phone number
- C-number and expected year of graduation
- Majors and minors
- All work and volunteer experience
STEP 2 Due August 25, 2017 by 5 p.m.
- A 3-4 paragraph brief statement describing either:
- Your 2017 summer activities (internship, employment, summer studies) and how these activities have impacted your interest in a career in marketing OR
- Some other experience you have had that impacted your interest in a career in marketing.
All materials should be submitted to Tesla Barrientos at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for 2017 Marketing Scholars Trip.”
Please note: Students who are selected and accept a slot on the Marketing Scholars trip will have their applications to the Bermont-Carlin Scholars trip automatically withdrawn.
If you have any questions, please contact Professor Jeffrey Weinstock at email@example.com.