- Inference Making and Perception in relation to Product Preferences, Usage and Valuation
- Health-related Decision Making
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Prosocial Behavior
May, Frank and Caglar Irmak (2014), “Licensing Indulgence in the Present by Distorting Memories of Past Behavior,” Journal of Consumer Research, 41 (October).
Chatterjee, Promothesh, Caglar Irmak, and Randall Rose (2013), “Selling as Self-Threat and the Endowment Effect as Self-Enhancement,” Journal of Consumer Research, 40 (October), 460-76.
Irmak, Caglar, Cheryl Wakslak and Yaacov Trope (2013), “Selling the Forest, Buying the Trees: the Effect of Construal Level on Seller-Buyer Price Discrepancy,” Journal of Consumer Research, 40 (August), 284-97. Reprinted in JCR’s Research Curations (Spring 2014)
Goodman, Joseph and Caglar Irmak (2013), “Having versus Using: Failure to Estimate Usage Makes Consumers Prefer Multi-Feature Products,” Journal of Marketing Research, 50, 1, 44-54.
Robinson, Stefanie Rosen, Caglar Irmak, and Satish Jayachandran (2012), “Choice of Cause in Cause-Related Marketing,” Journal of Marketing, 76, 4, 126-139.
Irmak, Caglar, Beth Vallen, and Stefanie Rosen Robinson (2011), “The Impact of Food Names on Dieters’ and Non-Dieters’ Food Evaluations and Consumption,” Journal of Consumer Research, 38 (August), 390-405. Reprinted in JCR’s Research Curations (Spring 2012)
Irmak, Caglar, Beth Vallen, and Sankar Sen (2010), “You Like What I Like but I Don’t Like What You Like: The Role of Uniqueness Motivations in Product Preferences,” Journal of Consumer Research, 37 (October), 443-455.
Irmak, Caglar, Lauren G. Block, and Gavan J. Fitzsimons (2005), “The Placebo Effect in Marketing: Sometimes You Just Have to Want It to Work,” Journal of Marketing Research, 42 (November), 406-409.
Teaching and Professional Experience
- Associate Professor, Department of Marketing, University of Miami, Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor, University of Georgia
- , University of South Carolina, Assistant Professor
- Instructor, Baruch College, CUNY
- , Value-added Services, Aria, Istanbul, Turkey
- Associate, New Business Development, Boyner Holding, Istanbul, Turkey
- Ph.D., Baruch College, City University of New York, NY
- B.S., Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
- Consumer Behavior
- International Marketing