- Program begins in January or July of each year.
- Classes meet two days per week:
- Saturday morning from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Monday evening from 6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Occasionally classes fall on holiday weekends.
- During elective terms, classes are held on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with occassional Friday evening final exams.
- Programs require completion of 48 credit hours.
- There is no prerequisite coursework required, regardless of undergraduate degree and there are no waivers for previous coursework or life experience.
- Participants progress together in a lock-step program in the first year. But unlike many other MBA programs for working professionals, the UM program enables participants to pursue a flexible course program during the second year.
- Participants can pursue special areas of interest to better meet their individual career goals by customizing the curriculum through elective courses in such areas as accounting, business law, computer information systems, finance, international business, management, management science, marketing, and real estate.
- The curriculum offers a blend of case studies, lectures and group discussions.
- Classes are held in a 24 million dollar, award-winning facility. The facility features a 'paperless' library, tiered stadium style classrooms with high-back leather seats, a graduate student lounge, break-out rooms and a computer lab, all dedicated exclusively to graduate business students.
- The program is taught by world-renowned faculty who conduct research in their areas of expertise and frequently act as consultants to Fortune 500 companies.
- At orientation, group exercises serve as "ice breakers" for the cohort. However, study groups are normally assigned at the instructors' discretion.
- Students are able to continue their regular employment.
- Streamlined registration and administrative support are provided.
Contact the Graduate Business Programs office for more information.