Top Graduating Seniors and Faculty Honored in Spring Celebration of Excellence
May 04, 2016
Daniel A. Moubayed, the Dean’s Award winner, being
Seniors graduating from the School of Business and top faculty members were honored at the Spring 2016 Celebration of Excellence Awards Ceremony April 22. The event was held to celebrate the accomplishments of students as they prepare for life after college.
The Dean’s Award in Honor of Beatrice Gitlow, which recognizes the senior with highest academic honors, went to Daniel A. Moubayed. The other top senior honor, the Beta Gamma Sigma Award, was presented to Joseph A. Esstman.
The top students in each academic department were also honored and presented with their awards by a faculty member. The award winners included:
- Laura A. Hendee, Accounting
- Barbara Poon, Business Technology
- Allison L. Taylor, Economics
- Megan P. Bullock, Entrepreneurship
- Daniel E. Leder, Finance
- Alexandra E. Hussey, Health Sector Management and Policy
- Tyler E. Neely, Human Resource Management
- Cindy B. Monroy, International Finance and Marketing
- Daniel A. Moubayed, Legal Studies
- Elizabeth Deckler, Management
- Miranda E. Goot, Management Science
- Teresa M. Browning, Marketing
- Max Feinstein, Real Estate
Marie T. Dasborough, assistant professor of management,
Several awards were also presented to honor undergraduates for their service to the School. Max H. Romanow was honored with the Excellence in Service Award; Briana Scott received the Excellence in Leadership Award; and Melina M. Murren received the Excellence in Research Award.
The School’s Women in Business organization was recognized as the Student Organization of the Year.
Students from undergraduate classes were also recognized for their academic achievements. Award winners included:
- Faith A. Boone, Freshman Student of the Year
- Kristiana L. Yao, Sophomore Student of the Year
- Terrance Lam, Junior Student of the Year
The students themselves honored three faculty members with Excellence in Teaching Awards. They included Robert Plant, associate professor and department vice chair of business technology; Marie T. Dasborough, assistant professor of management; and Seth Levine, lecturer of accounting. Tie Su, associate professor of finance, received the Research Mentor of the Year Award.