Top Graduate Students and Faculty Honored as Part of Spring Commencement Activities
May 07, 2015
|Pictured: Full-Time MBA Leadership Award winners Joshua F. Sproat (left) and Jenna C. Redfearn (right), with School of Business dean Gene Anderson.|
The best among the School’s MBA and other master’s classes of 2015, along with their favorite professors, have been honored as part of the annual graduation awards program. Awards were presented to outstanding faculty and the top graduates in the Full-Time MBA, Professional MBA, Global Executive MBA, and specialized master’s programs in a ceremony leading to their graduation on May 7. School administrators and staff joined the students, their families and friends to celebrate their accomplishments and to honor the top students with awards from their peers.
Leadership Awards were presented to one student from each of the graduating Full-Time MBA cohorts. The awards recognize students who demonstrate strong initiative, commitment, passion and leadership among their peers.
The Full-Time MBA cohort A award went to Joshua F. Sproat and the cohort B award went to Jenna C. Redfearn. Maria Lorena Boria won the Leadership Award in the Professional MBA class that graduates in June. And Alejandro A. Roy won the award in the graduating Global Executive MBA class.
|Arun Sharma (left), professor of marketing, was presented with the "Best Core Course" award.|
Students also honored professors with outstanding teaching awards. The Full-Time MBA students awarded the Best Core Course award to professor of marketing, Arun Sharma. The Best Elective Course award went to George M. Korniotis, associate professor of finance.
Students and faculty in the School’s Specialized Master’s programs also received top honors:
- Business Analytics Excellence in Teaching Award: Brad Price
- Accounting Excellence in Teaching Award: Michael Werner
- International Business Studies Excellence in Teaching Award: Joseph Ganitsky
- Finance Excellence in Teaching Award: George M. Korniotis
- Economics Excellence in Teaching Award: Alex Horenstein
- Taxation Excellence in Teaching Award: Shirley Dennis-Escoffier
- Business Analytics Leadership Award: Feng Qiu
- Economics Leadership Award: Ming Lu
- Finance Leadership Award: Carina Teresa Cuculiza Reyes
- International Business Studies Leadership Award: Elizaveta Shadaeva and Julia Maiorana Lanhoso Martins (tie)