Top Graduating Seniors and Faculty Honored in Celebration of Excellence
April 27, 2014
|Max A. Seraita received the Dean's Award in Honor of Beatrice Gitlow, which recognizes the senior with highest academic honors.|
Seniors graduating from the School of Business and top faculty members were honored at the 2014 Celebration of Excellence Awards Ceremony April 25. The event was held to celebrate the accomplishments of students as they prepare for life after college.
The Dean’s Award in Honor of Beatrice Gitlow, which recognizes the senior with highest academic honors, went to Max A. Seraita, who earned a 4.0 grade point average. The other top senior honor, the Beta Gamma Sigma Award, was presented to Cindy Krakower, who also attained a 4.0 grade point average throughout her undergraduate career.
The top students in each academic department were also honored and presented with their awards by a faculty member. The award winners included:
- Max A. Seraita, Accounting
- Jeffrey Huang, Computer Information Systems
- Jesse S. Rothenberg, Economics
- Sarah E. Gold, Entrepreneurship
- Aaron G. Midden, Finance
- Lorena M. Guardia, Human Resource Management
- Jordan A. Livingston, Health Sector Management & Policy
- Timothy C. Whelan, International Finance and Marketing
- Zachary Bernheimer, Legal Studies
- Jordan A. Halperin, Management
- Nicholas A. Estevez, Management Science
- Ana F. Ruiz, Management Science
- Carina T. Cuculiza, Marketing
- Jeremy P. Gorovitz, Real Estate
|W. Brian Barrett, associate professor of finance, was one of three professors honored with the Excellence in Teaching Award.|
Several awards were also presented to honor undergraduates for their service to the School.
Nicholas A. Estevez received the Senior Class Research award; Derek G. Piotter was honored with the Excellence in Service Award; and Aporajita Ali received the Excellence in Leadership Award.
Alpha Kappa Psi was recognized as the Student Organization of the Year, and Travis M. Montaque and Charles J. Woodard were both recognized with the “Innovator of the Year” Awards.
Students from undergraduate classes were also recognized for their academic achievements. Award winners included:
- Jordan Cohen, Freshman Student of the Year
- Briana N. Scott, Sophomore Student of the Year
- Giandomenico Spena, Junior Student of the Year
The students themselves honored three faculty members with Excellence in Teaching Awards. They included W. Brian Barrett, associate professor of finance; Eric H. Weisbrod, assistant professor of accounting; and Mario J. Perez, lecturer of accounting. Sheryl L. Alonso, lecturer of management, received the Research Mentor of the Year Award.