Top Graduating Seniors and Faculty Honored in Celebration of Excellence
April 28, 2015
|Hayley M. Williston received the Dean's Award in Honor of Beatrice Gitlow, which recognizes the senior with highest academic honors.|
Seniors graduating from the School of Business and top faculty members were honored at the 2015 Celebration of Excellence Awards Ceremony on April 24. The event was held to celebrate the accomplishments of students as they prepare for life after college.
The Dean’s Award in Honor of Beatrice Gitlow, which recognizes the senior with highest academic honors, went to Hayley M. Williston, who earned a 4.0 grade point average. The other top senior honor, the Beta Gamma Sigma Award, was presented to Joshua C. Moorman, who also attained a 4.0 grade point average throughout her undergraduate career.
The top students in each academic department were also honored and presented with their awards by a faculty member. The award winners included:
- Michael Hernandez, Accounting
- Jonathan Farache, Business Technology
- Rebecca N. Ryskoski, Economics
- Christie M. Caycedo, Entrepreneurship
- Harrison M. Seeman, Finance
- Hayley M. Williston, Health Sector Management & Policy
- Maria Juanita Nunez Mejia, Human Resource Management
- Alexander C. Otto, International Finance and Marketing
- Amy F. Halpern, Legal Studies
- Peter Mann, Management
- Dominic M. Natalizio, Management Science
- Joshua R. Steigelfest, Marketing
- Zachary David Witkoff, Real Estate
|Tallys Yunes (center), associate professor of management information systems, was among the School's faculty honored at the event.|
Several awards were also presented to honor undergraduates for their service to the School.
Linh Hoang Ngheim received the Senior Class Research Award; Kimberly Sherwin was honored with the Excellence in Service Award; and William M. Hugel received the Excellence in Leadership Award. Delta Sigma Pi was recognized as the Student Organization of the Year.
Students from undergraduate classes were also recognized for their academic achievements. Award winners included:
- Raymond Truong, Freshman Student of the Year
- Robert Christian Hitchcock, Sophomore Student of the Year
- Ryan Pollowitz, Junior Student of the Year
The students themselves honored three faculty members with Excellence in Teaching Awards. They included Tie Su, associate professor of finance; Christopher F. Parmeter, associate professor of economics; and Ian Scharf, lecturer of marketing.
Tallys Yunes, associate professor of management information systems, received the Research Mentor of the Year Award.