The School of Business Administration at the University of Miami is organizing its 6th Behavioral Finance Conference. The conference will be held at the University of Miami campus in Coral Gables, Florida. The conference is sponsored by the Department of Finance at the University of Miami, the Review of Financial Studies (RFS), and Cubist Systematic Strategies. John Campbell from Harvard University will be the keynote speaker.
University of Miami School of Business Building
Papers from all areas of behavioral finance and economics will be considered. Researchers from other related disciplines such as experimental finance and neuro-finance are encouraged to submit a paper. We also encourage submissions from junior researchers and doctoral students. In addition to the regular paper presentations, we will have 2-4 short doctoral student presentations. All authors for these “doctoral” papers must be current doctoral students.
The program for last year’s conference is available at http://bus.miami.edu/umbfc/2014-conference.
2014 UM Behavioral Finance Conference
The Miami Behavioral Finance Conference and the Review of Financial Studies announce a combined submission process. At your option, your paper submitted to the Miami Behavioral Conference will in addition be considered for publication by the RFS free of charge. The rules for this dual submission process are as follows:
- You must expressly indicate you are interested in consideration by the RFS.
- At the discretion of the RFS Sponsoring Editor, a small number of dual submissions will be invited to submit to the RFS. The RFS will waive the fee on such submissions, and have the submission formally reviewed. In this case the paper’s author will receive a copy of the RFS reviewer's report.
- Papers submitted for dual consideration must not be under review at another journal or the RFS, nor can they be considered for dual submission if previously rejected by the RFS.
- In the event that a dual submission that has been invited to submit to the RFS is subsequently rejected, its authors have the option to submit a future version of their paper to the RFS without prejudice.
- While under consideration as a dual submission by the Miami Behavioral Conference and the RFS, a paper may not be submitted to another journal (or the RFS) until the author has been notified of the dual submission outcome.
Paper Submission Procedure
To submit a paper, please visit http://bus.miami.edu/umbfc/paper-submission/.
Papers that are in an early stage (but completed) will be considered. Please do not submit a paper that has been accepted for publication in a journal or is close to being accepted.
Submission Deadline: August 31st, 2015. Authors of selected papers will be notified by mid-October, 2015.
We will start off the conference with an informal reception on the evening of December 11. We will have 6 papers on day 1 (December 12) of the conference and 4-6 papers on day 2 (December 13). Each presenter will have 20-25 minutes to present the paper, followed by a 15-20 minute discussion. We are planning to organize a few social events at the end of day 1 followed by a conference dinner.
We typically receive about 200 submissions and accept 10 to 12 papers for the conference. Our plan is to accept 10 to 12 papers for the 2015 conference.
All reasonable travel expenses of presenters and discussants will be covered, up to a limit of $500 for participants from the US and $1000 for participants from other countries. Hotel accommodations for two nights will be provided at the historic Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables.
If you are interested in participating, please register for the conference before October 31st, 2015.
For additional information about the conference, please email email@example.com.